Ah, my local. The fabulous Wineport Lodge.
I do love the Wineport Lodge. Super location, super staff, super food! Welcoming, homely and comforting. Just a magical place for a wedding reception. Ava and Ronan were married in Castletown Geoghegan in Westmeath, a super church with an incredible row of trees – great for pics! They chose one of my favourite florists too, Lorna from A Room in Bloom, who did an amazing job on the church entrance as well as the super bouquet (blimey, I really like the word “super”)….
It was a lovely day with lovely people and it doesn’t get better!
Ava gave me some great supplier info and tips too:
Wedding Venue/Planner: Celine Kelly, the Wineport Lodge firstname.lastname@example.org
Makeup, Trish Byrne 0870971918
Florist: Lorna, A Room In Bloom
Wedding Band: A Few Good Men
Wedding Dress: Belle Marieé Bridal
Suit: Galvin For Men Mullingar
Wedding Cake and the Cheese Cake!: www.noveltycake.ie & Cheese wedding cake: Sheridans Chesse Mongers Dublin
Pianist: email@example.com – Diarmuid O’Brien based in Castletown, Co.Westmeath
Tips from Ava:
– If your guests enjoy cheese I highly recommend ordering a wedding cheese cake, with crackers and chutney – it went down a treat at the wedding at the following day at our post BBQ. Decorate with grapes and flowers. Book an appointment with Sheridans cheese mongers for a tasting.
– When planning the wedding I found this checklist super handy to keep me on track of getting things done on time. http://onefabday.com/ie/wedding-checklist/
– This might sound a bit over the top, some people organize their wedding with a wedding journal, I found using a Google Spreadsheet online listing all the items i needed to do and the status, was actually really handy which I could access from my mobile when out and about.
– Booking your wedding band: check the reviews online, look at YouTube and ask your friends if they know about them.,Go with your gut feeling.
– If you are looking for suppliers/vendors the one fab day website is great, send them an email and they will reply back with a list of recommendations. website: http://onefabday.com/ie/wedding-checklist/
…and a few kind words for me (blush!):
When Ronan and I were looking for a photographer for our wedding, we noticed that anyone who had worked or knew about Corin Bishop could only speak highly of his work. A couple we are friends booked Corin for their wedding a few year ago and their wedding album is stunning, they said it was one of the best decisions they made. Our other friends that are married only regret they didn’t pick Corin for their wedding. My brother is a landscape photographer living in Austria www.gavinlyons.at also spoke highly of Corins work and informed me that he is very well known in the industry and his work is top notch. Ronan and I are delighted with our photos, we loved having Corin as our photographer, he is a very friendly, fun, professional, talented and creative. Thank you for capturing our special moments in such a beautiful and creative way.